Friday, June 24, 2011

day 10: photo challenge

I have a lot of great memories from my childhood... however most of them remain as snapshots in my head.
The smell of my great grandpa's pipe and the step stool of great grandma's on the Anderson side.
The crocheted blankets my great grandma Grace used to make that I would stick my toes in one end and pull up to my chin with my hands.
My brown teddy bear who's name was Cricket.
My grandparents house in Columbus with it's huge two story porch and strawberry patch.
And then there was great grandpa and grandma Campbell's house with all the white cats, the doll in the bathroom that hide the toilet paper, grandpa's desk where he kept the chocolate candies, and of course the porch swing!

This is our porch swing.  I thought about driving by the old 420 house and trying to take a picture, but that could be kinda creepy.  I don't think grandma Aletha ever had pillows on her porch swing but I do remember being there with her.  It was one of the reasons that I fell in love with our house and our porch swing.

Maybe this will be one of Cori's childhood memories to reflect on someday.  I swung on this swing after she was born and she still enjoys and asks to swing all the time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment