Saturday, June 18, 2011

day 4: photo challenge

The challenge today was to take a picture of something green. Since this is summer my immediate thoughts went to all the green found out my door. Here is my picture for today:

Can you tell what it is? I have taken this picture from a bird's eye view and then zoomed in... any guesses? Maybe I will wait until tomorrow to tell you! Just kidding... it is corn. I'm sure you knew! Maybe the bigger question is can you believe I am growing corn?

Growing corn in my container garden no less! We live in town and although we do have a great yard I am a little indecisive about where to plant a garden. So these containers are doing the trick. I have already enjoyed some radishes (Randy and Cori not so much) and look:
I have a few strawberries ready for the picking!! My corn looks like it should be knee high by the 4th of July and I have blooms on my tomato plants. So maybe this city girl will have some "harvest" photos in a few months!!

And here is a little more green... Addi wasn't so sure, I think it was still a little wet from last nights rain!!
Well... until tomorrow!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this Kara!! i'm soooo impressed by your garden!! woo hoo! can't wait til harvest time! and i'm jealous of your berries... those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden looks great!! i hope my strawberries look that good in a year!!

    ReplyDelete