Wednesday, June 15, 2011

day1: 30 day photo challenge

A 30 day photography challenge sounds like a lot of fun until you learn day one is a self portrait..ughh. But since I encouraged my girlfriends to start this (yes you have me to blame)...well... I'd better suck it up and take a picture. So here you have it: baby in one arm, while the other sleeps so I figured I'd better not set Addi down for fear that she would make too much noise and wake Cori!!

Since this isn't Glamor Shots I didn't go through the trouble of dolling myself all up... I am loving the fact that it is summer... which means pony tail and no makeup! I think the last day of the challenge is another self portrait... maybe by then I'll feel like looking my best :)
Now the artist in me thinks of a self portrait not just as a picture of my face but a picture of who I am... so I will include this picture:

When I see this picture I see: a baby on one hip, my wedding ring, my newly painted pink fingernails, and my funky koi fish shirt... which says I am: a mommy, a wife, a girly girl, and an artist... now if only Cori didn't take her little Bible to bed I would have stuck that in my pocket to show that I am a child of God.
A few months after Cori was born we splurged on a really nice camera... more than just a point and shot... however that is how I have been using it. So I am hoping that through this challenge I can try to take some better photographs... step away from the point and shoot and learn how to use manual and a few other settings to get the best pictures I possibly can!
Let me know if you want in on the challenge!! I would love to see your photographs too!!! You can also check out a few of my friends who are doing this challenge with me... see their posts on the right side: kim, chelsea, and danielle
White Peach Photo
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: